Monday 14 July 2014



Insadong is a charming place to visit for traditional Korean food, souveniers, and special vintage/unique boutiques. All at a somewhat afforadable cost.
The street is long and perhaps takes 10 minutes to walk from one end to the other.
The artsy Ssamziegil is also located here - a large structure lined with shops along a spiral-like stairway.
This is a must-visit place if you are spending a week or more in Seoul.You probably would only need to spend half a day here at most.

At the top of the Ssamziegil there is an alleyway leading to a quaint cafe, lined with these little cute message tags .
This was my 3rd visit to Insadong, my first was with KUBA during the city tour, second during Winter with my friends, and this time alone since I was on the hunt for an 'expensive' souvenier for my mum's friend.
My mum nagged me every Skype call to quickly buy the gift. It had to be something unique, slightly more expensive, and shelf displayable. But what was so special about my mother's friend that made it absolutely compulsory for me to get him a gift? Because he's apparently my 'choi san yeh', which is Cantonese that suggests an older rich relative who gives you money often in the form of a red packet.
It appears that only my family seems to be crazy about souvenier giving. My friends who are also from Asian families aren't pressured at all to buy gifts, they were given a choice to do it. Unfortuantely for me, I don't have as much freedom. Yes, I did plan to gifting my family members souveniers out of kindness, items that I hand picked myself. But my parents are encouraging me to follow their souvenier ideas, telling me how much I should spend on who, what gift to buy, etc. It has got to the point where my mum has allowed my aunties to sample the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel from the one I sent her earlier this year, and as a result all my aunties want the holy Aloe Vera tub as well! That thing is heavy and I have way too many aunties. I fear having to leave some stuff behind, or even sending it back through expensive postage, upon realising at the check-in desk at the airport that my luggage is overweight.
/end mini rant.

My vlogs will feature make up and skin care product mentions often, purely because I started out my YouTube channel that way and I have been very behind on those types of videos for the past 2 years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment