Sunday 3 November 2013

UK tube (left) & Korea tube (right)
Same amount (250ml)
A post for my fellow hair dye junkies.

You may have heard that Korea does indeed carry western brands of shampoo and conditioner, which is true. You can find them in beauty stores lik Olive Young and Watsons for reasonable prices, often in large bottles with pumps. Relatively expensive, yet it's still worth it in the long run.

However, most of these shampoo and conditioners are made for dry and damaged hair. Even all the available Pantene ones are made for dry damaged hair. 'No shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair in sight.'
At one point I had to resort to visiting Lush to hunt down for my colour hair care stuff since I was running low on my beloved L'oreal EverPure Colour Care shampoo and conditioner. Unfortunately everything in the Korean branches of Lush (particularly Myeongdong) were overpriced, perhaps even double the prices of home. So I had to politely decline the small pot of conditioning mask for coloured hair that the staff members looked so hard for.

However, it turns out I wasn't looking carefully enough. I must've skimmed the shelves in Korea's Olive Young, because it does in fact sell the L'oreal EverPure range priced at 10,000won each. So I immediately snatched the shampoo one when I saw it at Anam's Olive Young - since I was reaching the point where I would spend a good minute or two trying to squeeze out the remaining product from the tube.
A week later, when I went to Incheon to look for something to buy as part of my mission in order to obtain a free Incheon Korean Music Wave Festival ticket, I found that one of the Incheon Olive Young branches was doing an offer on the L'oreal Ever range. The price went down from 10,000won to 6,000won! So yes, I did buy the conditioner in case this lovely deal wasn't available back in Anam.

If I could recall correctly, Olive Young also carries the EverSleek and EverStrong range.

0 comments:

Post a Comment